Dermamelan is the result of years of research by Dr Krulig, a plastic surgeon, who specialises in skin pigmentation disorders. The Dermamelan treatment is a versatile process adapted to the needs of each patient.
- Dermamelan CostTreatmentSingle Treatment and 1 jar of creamAdditonial jars of creamPrice£599.00£175
Which conditions can it be used to treat?
Dermamelan is a depigmentation agent used to treat the following skin conditions:
- Melasma-patchy or generalised dark pigmentation of the skin
- Chloasma-patchy brown or dark brown skin discoloration that usually occurs on a woman’s face and may result from hormonal changes e.g. pregnancy and the contraceptive pill.
- Lentigo-small, sharply circumscribed, pigmented spot
- Post-inflammatory hyper pigmentation
Additional benefits of Dermamelan
Dermamelan also provides skin beautification:
- It improves the signs of photo-aging and photo-damage of the skin
- It regulates sebaceous secretion especially in mixed and greasy skins
- It reduces pore size and can prevent spots from appearing
How does it work?
Dermamelan influences the melanogenesis (pigment producing) process. Dermamelan contains: Kojic Acid, Phytic Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Arbutine, Titanium Dioxide and Retinyl Palmitate. These products block the formations of melanin (pigment) by inhibiting the production of tryosinase (the essential enzyme required for the formation of pigment).
Preparing for the treatment
During your consultation a diagnosis of your pigmentation problem will be made. A full medical history will then be taken to assess your suitability, and the benefits and potential side effects will be discussed in full. On the day of your procedure you should arrive at the clinic without make-up.
What is the treatment like?
Your skin will be prepared with an alcohol based solution to remove all the grease/sebaceous secretions. The Dermamelan cream mask (which is brown/yellow in colour) will then be applied. There should be no discomfort or irritation to the skin while the mask is on. You will leave the clinic with the cream mask on, so a suitable mode of transport home should be organised in advance; public transport is not advisable. After a specified time you will be told to remove the cream mask and follow the written after-care instructions provided.
Back to Work
Results Seen in
Duration of Results
Potential Side Effects
|Treatment||Normal Price||Offer Price||Save||Buy|
|Additional Maintenance Cream||-||£175.00||-|
After your Treatment
After the treatment
Dermamelan is a very safe procedure however some common side effects should be anticipated
- Skin tightness. For a day or two after the Dermamelan cream mask is removed the skin may feel tight and may look very slightly swollen.
- Skin redness. After the mask is removed and during the initial period of using Dermamelan maintenance cream at home, the face may appear red. The degree of redness will depend on your natural skin colouring and sensitivity to the treatment.
- Skin Flaking/Peeling. During the first week after the Dermamelan mask treatment you should expect some skin flaking or peeling. The degree of skin exfoliation is highly variable and therefore some patients choose to take a few days off work while the initial effects of the treatment settle.
Moisturiser (supplied by our clinic) can be applied to relieve any skin discomfort during this time. During the course of the continued treatment with Dermamelan maintenance cream you may also experience some skin flaking and/or redness. This usually settles as the skin builds up tolerance to the treatment.
When will I see a result?
Depending on the severity of your pigmentation you will begin to see an improvement after 2 weeks. You will be advised on how to use the ‘home-care’ products and for how long to prevent the pigmentation from recurring. The daily use of a moisturising sunscreen is essential.
Frequently Asked Questions
The face mask is generally applied only once. The home application of Dermamelan will continue for a minimum of 9 months as advised by your skin consultant.
You will need to ensure that you use the maintenance cream every day according to the therapist instructions. You will need to ensure that you keep your skin well moisturised and most importantly that you apply spf 50 block every day.
How to Book
Please contact Elements MediSpa on 01302 34 34 32. Our reception team will be happy to book your appointment and answer any questions you may have. On booking, our reception team will need to take some personal details such as your name, address, date of birth and also an £20 deposit (Please see Terms and Conditions).