Level 2 - Skin Resurfacers
DermaQuest chemical resurfacers and peels harness the deeply exfoliating properties of a variety of naturally occurring acids including those derived from fruit, nuts and milk to name a few. These acids including Lactic, Mandelic, Glycolic and Salicylic , help to un-clog pores, reduce inflammation and regulate excessive oil production thus removing dead and damaged skin cells and stimulaties the renewal of healthy new cells beneath the surface of the skin.
Frequently Asked Questions
DermaQuest chemical peels harness the deeply exfoliating properties of a variety of naturally occurring acids including those delivered from fruits, nut and milk to name a few. These acids including Lactic, Mandelic, Glycolic and Salicylic, help to un-clog pores, reduce inflammation and regulate excessive oil production thus removing dead and damaged skin cells and stimulating the renewal of healthy new cells beneath the surface of the skin.
You will have had an initial consultation with us to determine which of the advancede facials is best suited to your skin type and concern.
You would be recommended one of the following:
Essential Hydrating Resurfacer – Lactic Acid
Age Defense Peptide Resurfacer – Alpha Peptide
Age Defense Vitamin C Resurfacer – Pumpkin
Dermaclear Acne Resurfacer – Salicylic
Pigment Control Resurfacer – SkinBrite
We would always recommend having a course of treatments to achieve and maintain the best results, however you will notice a difference after just one treatment.
The Skin Preparation is required because the skin needs to be fully prepared for the Resurfacing treatment for a minimum of to weeks in order to:
- Balance and hydrate the skin
- Ensure even penetration of the peels
- Reduce unnecessary irritation
- Promote a faster recovery
- lower the risk of undesirable side-effects
- Achieve excellent long term results
Saxenda may cause side effects, including the following:
- Gastrointestinal symptoms (nausea, vomiting, stomach ache);
- Low blood sugar levels;
Most side effects will disappear within a few days. With any new medications patients may experience side effects and our team are always on hand to answer any questions you may have.
You will receive further information during your consultation and any questions can be answered by your Healthcare provider.
Saxenda cannot be prescribed at Elements if any of the following apply:
- Patients with an allergy to liraglutide
- Patients with a history of cancer of the thyroid
- Patients with a history of cancer of the pancreas
- Patients with a BMI less than 22
- Patients taking insulin
- Pregnant women or those breast feeding
- Anyone under the age of 18
Saxenda is a prescription only medication and a full consultation with an independent prescriber must be carried out before it will be issued.
Each appointment is one-hour long. You will be seen by two seperate members of staff. The first 20 minutes is spent completing your medical questionnaire and reading ‘The Starting Guide’. Next you will been seen by one of the Practitioners in order to complete your physical examination – this will include the following
- Physical examination
- measurements (chest, waist, hips and buttocks)
- Blood pressure
- photographs (NB, these are taken in your underwear)
During the last 20 minutes of your appointment, you will be seen by one of the Nurse Consultants. They will discuss the following
- Your completed medical questionnaire
- Answer all question about starting the Skinny Shot Progrmme
- Demonstrate how to use the pen
- Observe you giving your first injection
- Discuss follow up
How to Book
* Our reception team will be happy to make your appointment and answer any questions you may have.
* Your name, address, date of birth and telephone number is required at the time of booking.
* A £20 deposit is required to secure every appointment. Please see our cancellation policy.