Level 3 - Skin Peels
DermaQuest chemical peels and resurfacers harness the deeply exfoliating properties of a variety of naturally occurring acids including those derived from fruit, nuts and milk to name a few. These acids including Lactic, Mandelic, Glycolic and Salicylic , help to un-clog pores, reduce inflammation and regulate excessive oil production thus removing dead and damaged skin cells and stimulates the renewal of healthy new cells beneath the surface of the skin.
Choose from the following:
* Mixology - A combination of multiple layers of different peels for optimum results
Frequently Asked Questions
Saxenda is a synthetic version of a naturally occurring hormone in the body (GLP-1) that is released by the small intestine after eating. It works by acting on receptors in the appetite control centre of the brain, making you feel fuller and less hungry.
By reducing your appetite, Saxenda will help you keep to a calorie-controlled diet and achieve your weight loss goals. Medical studies have shown patients treated with Saxenda achieve significantly more weight loss and maintain that loss compared to patients dieting alone.
Saxenda is administered daily (at the same time each day if possible) by a very small, pain free injection pen. This automatically administers the correct dose.
It is injected into the abdomen, thigh or upper arms. NB, Never inject into a vein or muscle! You will be trained how to do this, and observed giving yourself the first dose using the pen during your consultation.
Unless otherwise advised by your prescriber, the dose in adults is:
- one daily injection.
You will start on 0.6mg daily, and must consult with us before increasing your dose.
Each prefilled pen contains 18 mg of the active ingredient liraglutide.
Saxenda has passed clinical trials and undergone rigorous testing for safety and is the only approved injectable prescription medicine available in the UK for weight loss. It was approved in January 2017.
It is only available on prescription, and should be prescribed by clinics registered with the Care Quality Commission (CQC).
Liraglutide has been used for patients with type 2 diabetes in the UK since 2009 and for weight loss in the USA since 2014.
Saxenda may cause side effects, including the following:
- Gastrointestinal symptoms (nausea, vomiting, stomach ache);
- Low blood sugar levels;
Most side effects will disappear within a few days. With any new medications patients may experience side effects and our team are always on hand to answer any questions you may have.
You will receive further information during your consultation and any questions can be answered by your Healthcare provider.
Saxenda cannot be prescribed at Elements if any of the following apply:
- Patients with an allergy to liraglutide
- Patients with a history of cancer of the thyroid
- Patients with a history of cancer of the pancreas
- Patients with a BMI less than 22
- Patients taking insulin
- Pregnant women or those breast feeding
- Anyone under the age of 18
Saxenda is a prescription only medication and a full consultation with an independent prescriber must be carried out before it will be issued.
Each appointment is one-hour long. You will be seen by two seperate members of staff. The first 20 minutes is spent completing your medical questionnaire and reading ‘The Starting Guide’. Next you will been seen by one of the Practitioners in order to complete your physical examination – this will include the following
- Physical examination
- measurements (chest, waist, hips and buttocks)
- Blood pressure
- photographs (NB, these are taken in your underwear)
During the last 20 minutes of your appointment, you will be seen by one of the Nurse Consultants. They will discuss the following
- Your completed medical questionnaire
- Answer all question about starting the Skinny Shot Progrmme
- Demonstrate how to use the pen
- Observe you giving your first injection
- Discuss follow up
How to Book
* Our reception team will be happy to make your appointment and answer any questions you may have.
* Your name, address, date of birth and telephone number is required at the time of booking.
* A £20 deposit is required to secure every appointment. Please see our cancellation policy.