The Skinny Pen
The Skinny Pen Weight-Loss Programme is available exclusively at Elements MediSpa. It offers a combination of an FDA approved and UK licensed prescription medication for weight loss called liraglutide (also known as Saxenda), alongside advice on diet, nutrition and exercise to help you reach and maintain your weight-loss goals.
Together with a healthy calorie-controlled diet, Saxenda offers effective and reliable weight loss by controlling appetite, curbing hunger and reducing cravings.
BY LAW, clinics offering a service that prescribes medication for weight loss, must be registered with the Care Quality Commission.
|Two Pens||£375 (£187.50 each - save £25)|
|Three Pens||£525 (£175 each - save £75)|
|Four Pens||£650 (£162.50 each - save £150)|
|Five Pens||£750 (£150 each - save £250)|
Saxenda Frequently Asked Questions
Saxenda is a synthetic version of a naturally occurring hormone in the body (GLP-1) that is released by the small intestine after eating. It works by acting on receptors in the appetite control centre of the brain, making you feel fuller and less hungry.
By reducing your appetite, Saxenda will help you keep to a calorie-controlled diet and achieve your weight loss goals. Medical studies have shown patients treated with Saxenda achieve significantly more weight loss and maintain that loss compared to patients dieting alone.
Saxenda is administered daily (at the same time each day if possible) by a very small, pain free injection pen. This automatically administers the correct dose.
It is injected into the abdomen, thigh or upper arms. NB, Never inject into a vein or muscle! You will be trained how to do this, and observed giving yourself the first dose using the pen during your consultation.
Unless otherwise advised by your prescriber, the dose in adults is:
- one daily injection.
- You will start on 0.6mg daily, and must consult with us before increasing your dose.
- Each prefilled pen contains 18 mg of the active ingredient liraglutide.
Saxenda has passed clinical trials and undergone rigorous testing for safety and is the only approved injectable prescription medicine available in the UK for weight loss. It was approved in January 2017.
It is only available on prescription, and should be prescribed by clinics registered with the Care Quality Commission (CQC).
Liraglutide has been used for patients with type 2 diabetes in the UK since 2009 and for weight loss in the USA since 2014.
Saxenda may cause side effects, including the following:
- Gastrointestinal symptoms (nausea, vomiting, stomach ache);
- Low blood sugar levels;
Most side effects will disappear within a few days. With any new medications patients may experience side effects and our team are always on hand to answer any questions you may have.
You will receive further information during your consultation and any questions can be answered by your Healthcare provider.
Saxenda cannot be prescribed at Elements if any of the following apply:
Patients with an allergy to liraglutide
Patients with a history of cancer of the thyroid
Patients with a history of cancer of the pancreas
- Patients with pancreatitis
Patients with a BMI less than 30
Patients taking insulin
Pregnant or breast feeding women
Anyone under the age of 18
- Anyone over the age of 75
Saxenda is a prescription only medication and a full consultation with an independent prescriber must be carried out before it will be issued.
Your first face-to-face appointment is 40 minutes long.
We will being by recording your physical attributes – these include;
- Measurements (chest, waist, hips and buttocks)
- Blood pressure
- Photographs (NB, these are taken in your underwear, and do not include you head/face)
We will then;
- Explore the answers on your medical questionnaire
- Inform you about Saxenda (what it is, how it works, how to take it, the dosage, potential side effects, risks etc)
- Discuss the importance of nutrition and increased physical activity
- Answer any questions you may have
If you are suitable for treatment, and you wish to go ahead we will;
- Demonstrate how to use the pen
- Observe you giving yourself the first injection
- Discuss follow up and support
We have set sessions for Skinny Pen Programme clinics. Appointments can be made on
- Monday evenings between 4.40pm – 7.40pm
- Wednesday evenings between 4.40pm – 7.40pm
How to Book
* Our reception team will be happy to make your appointment and answer any questions you may have.
* Your name, address, date of birth and telephone number is required at the time of booking.
* A £20 deposit is required to secure every appointment. Please see our cancellation policy.